I interviewed lots of users and my colleagues who work directly with customers and gathered information on user habits, motivations, user feedback, requested features, competitor products, market needs, legal requirements, etc.
We created a Figjam board on Figma and listed all possible information we needed to show and action that user need to take. We carefully defined which information and tools are crucial and needed and which are not, based on the knowledge we had from our research. We decided to remove some graphs and charts for example, because they weren’t giving any useful information.
I conducted brainstorming sessions within design team to discuss best layout options. Quickly iterated wireframes to discover our possible options. We had to consider optional dynamic fields to be arranged in a way that won’t break the layout on any combination of options.
We created the UI kit by putting the components together from our library. We created the interface components for stat cards at the top and widgets below it just for this feature.
We created survey study on Optimal Workshop to test if user can understand the given information on example reports. We displayed an example report for every question and asked participants to select the right answer. We recruited participants from actual users and test users from Optimal Workshop’s pool of testers.
With moderated usability test, we had the chance to observe the users while using a prototype of this feature.
User test result were successful and feedback we gather from users were very satisfying. We released the feature after 2 rounds of user tests and revisions.
This project let me to sharpen my skills as a team leader as it is my first project to lead a team bigger than 2 people. I learned the value of brainstorming and creative thinking processes, since these methods lead us to discoveries about grouping and showing such complex information.